Sunday, July 20, 2008

JOSEPH AND THE AMAZING TECHNICOLOR DREAMCOAT

Well...this was the first year of community theater in this VERY small town. they did the movie steel magnolias which was good. lots different from the movie tho. and a very small turnout, and we had to be atleast 17 to audition. and then there was the musical "joseph and the amazing technicolor dreamcoat" i was able to audition for that one. i just went there on a saturday and sang "Wishing you were somehow here again" and within the next week i found out that i was in it. i was one of the Adoring girls. you know, they're the ones that in the 2nd act, they go crazy over pharoh and then joseph. it was a lot of fun. i made some new friends and it was just fun. this last week was when it was on. it opened on Thursday, July 17 and went thru Saturday, July 19th. we had very good turnouts all 3 nights. they were just long and somewhat boring. here's the couple of pictures i actually took (on Closing Night)



This is one with me and my friend Maria. she was an adoring girl with me. the outfits we had on were we had to hold a coconut cup (that was me) and sunglasses (That was her) for the narrator during "Benjamin Calypso" which is the hawaiian one.



The is where we were bored. so we sat in a circle and put our heads on eachothers legs. there's me, Hannah, Annelise, and Shayla.



This is just one where me and Hannah are bored so decided to take a picture.



This is a picture of all the adoring girls. sorry it's very dark tho.



Just all of us over the Pharoh who was played by Dave. he was an amazing pharoh and he's really funny.

it was a really fun to work on even tho it did take lots of hours with going to rehearsal and finding the perfect costumes for all the dances we were in.

2 comments:

Chelli said...

I went to two of the three performances and I enjoyed each and every one! The entire cast did a FABULOUS job! There was a TON of talent in this show and the energy levels were crazy. I laughed my butt off through the entire thing.

I'm proud of you for sticking with it and doing such a great job. I can't wait for the next show!

Anonymous said...

You write very well.

v